by Melanie Jones and Victoria Turner
“The Greatest” Part 4
At today’s chapel, Pastor Connor Bledsoe delivered a powerful and relevant message on loving others as Jesus did. He shared multiple passages from the book of John.
- We tend to gravitate to people who are similar to us.
- We fit people into two buckets: “we” and “they”
- In John chapter 4, Jesus was by the well, talking to a Samaritan woman. At that time, it was surprising for Jesus to be talking to an outcast.
- Jesus moved the woman out of a category and into a conversation. Jesus didn’t buy into the idea that her category made her unworthy of his time or attention.
- How will people experience Christ if we don’t show them Jesus?
- Follow Jesus’ example of treating others with respect, regardless of society’s opinion.